Neighbors: Please Attend
Barrett Township Supervisor Meetings
2nd Wednesday of the Month - 5:30pm
4th Wednesday of the Month - 8:00am
We do not have a formal "Community Watch" meeting schedule. By showing up 15 minutes early, it allows neighbors to "meet and greet" before going into the Supervisor meeting. They may also decide to skip the supervisor meeting and hold their own informal meeting.
FRS Radios can be used instead of standard communication methods in the event that power or cell towers go out
- Be sure to turn off the "channel privacy" feature for open communication
- There is no "emergency channel" designation with FRS radios, so let's plan on using Channel 7 for emergency communication. You are encouraged to use other channels for personal chatter.
- HAM (Amateur), CB, and other radios can also be used, but check for licensing requirements
- Compared to a traditional phone chain, FRS radios can "call" multiple people at one time for assistance. Texting is always nice, but you can't hear a person's voice through a text to help confirm validity.
Monroe County Emergency Radio Frequencies
- Each household should keep enough food and water stored to last at least 2 weeks.
- Security Camera Systems are available for under $500, including the cameras themselves, the DVR, and wiring.
- Visit the "utilities" page for local security-related offerings
- Print and safely store street and topographic maps of our area.
- Check back frequently as we wil continue posting updates to this page. (Bookmark this page!)
- Sign up for Email Updates
PA Second Class Township Code: Section 1913. Auxiliary Police.
--The board of supervisors may confirm persons to serve as auxiliary police officers under the act of January 14, 1952 (1951 P.L.2016, No.561), entitled "An act providing for supplementing the police forces of cities, boroughs, towns and townships, for the appointment, powers and control of auxiliary police therein, and for the transfer during disasters and emergencies of such auxiliary police, members of the regular police forces, and police equipment thereof."
- Robbery Reported at Barrett Family Dollar
- 2017 - January - NBT Bank Armed Robbery
- 2016 - November - ESSA Bank Robbery