WHAT IS THE CENSUS
- The U.S. Constitution requires a census of all residents every 10 years.
- Every person living in the U.S. is counted once and only once.
- You are counted based on where you are living on April 1, 2020.
- Data from the census informs government decisions for 10 years.
WHY YOUR RESPONSE MATTERS
Fair representation & legislative redistricting
The Census determines:
- How many seats PA has in the U.S. House of Representatives
- How U.S. congressional and state legislative districts are redrawn