You are here:Home»Local News»Mountainhome Candle Fire Recovery Fund

Mountainhome Candle Fire Recovery Fund

On February 15, 2014 tragedy struck in our small town, it hurt the hearts of everybody in our community, but most of all, it hurt the family who poured their blood sweat and tears into this business.  Owner Chuck Knipe and his wife Justine rebuilt Mountainhome Candle after fire destroyed the business in 2005.  They are now are faced with tragedy again, this time with no insurance to help in covering the damage.  While the exact cause of the fire is still being discovered, it is believed that the roof to their factory/warehouse collapsed  under the weight of snow from the storm.  The collapse hit a propane tank causing an explosion and the building is a total loss.  Chuck and Justine have lost thousands of dollars in products, and equipment, making it no longer possible to produce their candles and fulfill orders for customers.

To make a donation, click here.

Leave a comment

Make sure you enter the (*) required information where indicated. HTML code is not allowed.

Latest

Support Local Businesses!